SYGMA Human Resources Generalist
Company: The SYGMA Network
Posted on: January 15, 2022
US3063 Sygma Pennsylvania, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:
Minimum Years of Experience:
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for working with
leadership to successfully execute local, regional, and corporate
human resources programs, initiatives, and policies to maintain
equitable and consistent development and treatment of personnel at
the Operating Company.
- Ensure that the company complies with all State and Federal
regulatory agencies and employment laws.
- Investigate problems, such as working conditions, disciplinary
actions, and associate and applicant appeals.
- Provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to
department officials and individuals.
- Oversee the performance management process, working with OpCo
(operating company) leaders on their associate reviews and CMPs
(congestion management process), providing training and
consultation as necessary.
- Work with OpCo leaders to create and maintain workforce
- Coordinate recruiting efforts to ensure that competent,
diverse, and skilled associates are hired and workload levels are
appropriate and maintained, and work to maximize turnover.
- Formulate and recommend program goals and objectives in all
areas of employee relations.
- Develop, implement, and administer the management-labor
relations area of the Human Resources program to improve labor
- Develop and/or oversee compensation policies, procedures, and
- Provide guidance on compensation strategy planning and
- Communicate compensation policies, procedures, and programs to
- Provide guidance and recommendations for HR (human resources)
practices and problem resolutions.
- Provide direction to all HR (human resources) functions and
- Bachelor's degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources,
Business Administration or a closely related field
- Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional
Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR)
- 2-5 years of experience in Human Resources management, three
years of which have been in a supervisory position or an equivalent
combination of related training and experience
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Recruiting and staffing
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and various HRIS
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at
all organizational levels.
Candidates who start work in the months of May, June, July, August
and September 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription
drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire*. Standard
eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits,
including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement
benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit
https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits
information. *Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: The SYGMA Network, Harrisburg , SYGMA Human Resources Generalist, Professions , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!