Chief Engineer/Maintenance Supervisor
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Apply Today!General Description: This position supervises
maintenance operations for property, including but not limited to
refrigeration, heating, plumbing, water treatment, preventative
maintenance, Hotel front and back of house spaces, A/C units, ice
machines, lighting, kitchen equipment, emergency generators, water
softeners, roof exhausts, electrical substations, fire and life
safety systems, and other systems and equipment owned, leased, or
managed by the Hotel. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all
- Monitors electric, gas, oil and water consumption on a
- Supervise, perform and document preventive maintenance program
according to brand standards.
- Ensures that all guest rooms are rentable to the guest at all
- Ensures all purchased services, electrical, plumbing, cleaning
etc. are performed in a manner that exceeds exhibitor and client
- Supervises assigned associates: hiring, terminations, coaching
and counseling and development.
- Manage the new hire process for all maintenance staff to ensure
that newly hired associates:Receive a company/hotel orientation and
overview of operations including an overview of the Springwood
Essentials.Complete all new hire paper work.View all pertinent
DVD's/videosUnderstand job safety, fire safety, blood borne
pathogens, and MSDS.Follow the policies and procedures as outlined
in the Associate Handbook.Learn department specific training.
- Coach and counsel associates to encourage positive behaviors
and correct negative behaviors.
- Conduct regular departmental meeting to review new procedures,
emphasize safety practices, and solicit input from all associates.
Keep detailed minutes and sign- in sheets on file.
- Promote teamwork and associate morale.
- Complete weekly schedules for maintenance staff.
- Ensure labor staffing guidelines are followed.
- Ensures all projects are completed according to specifications
and are completed on time.
- Works closely with Housekeeping/Environmental Services to
ensure coordination of activities.
- Maintains key inventory for all locks.
- Trains Hotel staff in emergency procedures.
- Obtains bids and contracts for all items placed under a
maintenance agreement as well as landscaping and snow removal
- Ensures cleanliness and orderliness of all work space and
- Leads the Safety Committee for the Hotel.
- Control and maintain the repairs and maintenance budget for the
- Wear proper uniform at all times in accordance with the
Standards of Appearance.
- Practice safety standards at all times and be alert to
hazardous conditions. Report or correct any hazardous conditions
- Must properly document all company policy violations by any
staff whom you supervise as well as the documentation of any and
all associate actions taken.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with Associate Handbook. Associate
must adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies established
by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in
the associate handbook.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of
performing. Vertical Working Relationships:
- Accountable Manager: General Manager
- Other Vertical Relationships: Assistant General Manager,
Regional Director of Operations, Executive Vice President,
PresidentPrimary Horizontal Working Relationships:
- All company functions and employeesMinimum Qualifications: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Education and/or Experience:The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
for this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to two years of general maintenance experience.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Certified Pool Operator preferredKnowledge, Skills and
Abilities:To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and painting,
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Self- Motivated and Task Oriented
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues accurately and
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule
that may include evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting
and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires walking
or standing to a significant degree, reaching, handling, feeling,
talking, hearing, and seeing.
- Ability to work inside and outside: A job is considered "both"
if the activities occur inside or outside in approximately equal
amounts, approximately 75% or more of the time will be inside.
- Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to:
Compute ration and proportion and percentages. Calculate surface,
volumes, weight and measures.
- Must have developed language skills to the point to able to:
Read instructions, safety rules, etc. Write reports with proper
format, punctuation, spelling and grammar, using all parts of
speech. Speak with poise, voice control and confidence using
correct English and well-modulated voice.
Keywords: Hilton, Harrisburg , Chief Engineer/Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!