Production & Maintenance Supervisor, RMC - Harrisburg, PA
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Job ID: - 434028Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the
leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates,
cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in
North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations
provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and
services.Position OverviewThe primary function of the production
and maintenance supervisor is to direct and coordinate activities
leading to the quality production of company products in line with
customer expectations and schedules with a focus on safety while
working with the Operations Manager to optimize processes and the
costs of the production and maintenance departments.Key
Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)The duties and
responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead a team of concrete batchmen and maintenance
- Be responsible for own personal safety as well as maintaining
the highest standard of safety across all RMC activities. Be
familiar with and follow CRH Life Savings Rules.
- Embody the CRH and Pennsy Values of Safety First, continuously
create value, do what we say and lead with integrity, operate
locally but act as one company and build enduring
- Assure compliance with all regulatory mandates, company
policies and procedures governing worker safety and plant operation
by having a focus on safety developing a positive safety culture
within the team.
- Schedule the working hours of the team to meet the demands of
the business in an efficient manner
- Plan, supervise and support all RMC maintenance activities with
a focus on preventative maintenance.
- Ensure that all raw materials are available when needed to meet
the production schedule
- Support the operations manager in budgeting, developing capex
proposals and evaluating financial and operational reports
- Work closely with other departments such as transport,
dispatch, quality, sales, equipment and procurement to ensure that
all departments are aligned in servicing the customer and
delivering on RMC targets
- Work with other LOB's (especially the Quarry supervisors) with
a OnePennsy mindset in a collaborative manner to optimize all
- Optimize processes such as preventative maintenance and look
for innovative ways to improve the efficiency of the
- Work with plant operators to maintain and improve the
appearance and layout of the plantsSupervisory
ResponsibilitiesCarry out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with the company policies and procedures and applicable
laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Willingness to develop subordinates technical and leadership
skills and make recommendations for new job opportunities when
- Effective management of employee performance through coaching
and feedback (written and verbal) rewards, and discipline when
- Ability to get work done through others using effective
delegation, scheduling, and time management
practices.Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
- Education: High School Graduate
- Experience: Five years experience with concrete, asphalt or
aggregate operations. - Some supervisory experience is desirable
but not mandatoryKnowledge/Skill Requirements
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Strong ethical standards.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a timely and
- Self-motivated and directed to get the job done with minimal
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; Maintains
confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains
open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performancePhysical Requirements:The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.This chart outlines
the physical requirements necessary to perform the duties of this
- Repetitive Motion
- Fine motorContinuous:
- 0 - 10 lbsFrequently:
- 10 - 25 lbsOccasionally:
- 25 - 50 lbsWork Environment:The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee
regularly works both in office and workplace environments. The
employee continuously works with others. This chart outlines the
potential work environment the employees may be exposed to while
performing the duties of this job.Continuous:
- Working with OthersFrequently: -
- Hot Weather
- Cold Weather
- Wet Weather
- Exposed to Noise
- Exposed to High Heat -What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! Pennsy Supply, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative
Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you
want to know more, please click on this -. - -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Harrisburg , Production & Maintenance Supervisor, RMC - Harrisburg, PA, Professions , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!