Veterans Preferred - Production Associate (Cylinder Filler)
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10028979 Production
Associate (Cylinder Filler) (Open)
York, PA - Albermarle - Retail shop
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The Cylinder Filler will be responsible for safely handling and
filling gas products into liquid, medical and high pressure gas
cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and
meeting the standard operating procedures of Airgas.
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard
procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor
standards. Conducts a variety of Safety checks per procedures, such
as odor tests, checking caps and valves. Analyzes products for
purity and correct mixtures.
- Handles high-pressure, medical and liquid cylinders. Prepares
high pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling. Attaches
to manifold, evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible
contaminants. Fills cylinders by pressure and weight, per
regulations and standards.
- Assists with the loading & unloading of cylinders on & off
pallets and tractor trailers. Operates a forklift, pallet jack and
other warehouse equipment.
- Manages paperwork to DOT, FDA, OSHA, and Airgas standards.
Completes quality control sheets as required.
- Understands hazards of various gases; size and contents of
cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the
color-coding of tanks. Accurately labels cylinders.
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to
the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Are you a MATCH?
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year of prior experience in a manufacturing
operation, filling or loading experience preferred.
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or
chemical industry preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with
different personalities and backgrounds.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Strong level of attention to detail.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please click here to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and here
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an
Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement.
This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon
request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not
discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known
disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to
benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, Harrisburg , Veterans Preferred - Production Associate (Cylinder Filler), Professions , York, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!