Company: Milton Hershey School
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job DescriptionBack to all CareersJOB ID: 23000128Hershey,
PAPart-timeJob Category: Construction/Facilities/Campus
MaintenanceMilton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free, home, and
private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students.
Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more
than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHSs
high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and
extensive extra-curricular opportunities. MHS is currently seeking
a part-time Facilities Work Order Coordinator to provide
administrative support to the Mechanical Trades Department. The
Facilities Work Order Coordinator serves as an integral part of the
team, providing excellent customer service to MHS faculty & staff,
students, and visitors to our campus. The administrative duties
performed provide key elements of data entry, work orders, purchase
orders, assets, along with providing administrative support for the
supervisor/manager for the department as requested. Some of the
- Enter and convert service requests to work orders using the
electronic system PeopleSoft.
- Enter and receive POs (Service Purchase Orders entry for
vendor, etc.) using PeopleSoft.
- Enter emergency work orders and evaluate the calls/requests to
determine the urgency and enter appropriate work orders & dispatch
- Enter appointments / schedule technicians to complete monthly
work orders and maintain the database by updating asset information
- Handle the department P-card reconciliation monthly, tracking &
- Assist manager in purchasing and issuing of parts and supplies
- Prepare cross charges for overtime, materials, etc., as
- Prepare and assist manager/supervisors in maintaining
- Maintain Preventative Maintenance database, by updating asset
information as needed.
- Maintain the monthly on-call schedule maintenance for
Facilities & Technical Services.
- Coordinate & communicate with other School departments to
expedite projects and information in a timely manner.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all visitors to the
department.The work schedule is considered flex part-time, working
up to 29 hours per week with hours that typically fall between 7:00
am 11:00 am Monday Friday, with occasional need for flexibility to
work other hours based on the department needs. Hourly rate: $19.81
to $26.44. Pay is determined based on the experience. Part-time
employees are eligible for a retirement savings plan, an employee
assistance program (EAP), free lunches when on duty, and Hershey
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an administrative assistant
role or similar.
- Prior experience with electronic work & purchase orders and
budget administration required.
- Prior experience working with mechanical trades
(HVAC/plumbing/electrical) administration, preferred.
- Proficiency in using MS Office Applications (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook), Teams, Google applications, 2-way radio,
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including
the ability to influence others.
- Excellent project management skills, including time management,
organizational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritization and,
work with under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing
- Strong office administration skills including exceptional
organizational skills, detail orientation.
- Demonstrated high degree of discretion and
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate in a
- Demonstrated success in multi-tasking competing priorities with
a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all
MHS staff are considered role models for students.
- Candidates should be eager to actively engage with students to
help support the overall MHS mission to nurture & educate
Keywords: Milton Hershey School, Harrisburg , Facilities Specialist, Professions , York, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!