Dockworker- Outbound, 5pm Start M-F
Company: Pitt Ohio
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Requisition Number: 06519-POE
Job Title: Dockworker- Outbound, 5pm Start M-F
Pay Scale: NE - $18.52 (L II)
DOCKWORKER- OUTBOUND, 5PM START M-F
PITT OHIO, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable,
transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND,
LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Full Time Outbound
Dockworker, 5pm Start M-F at our Harrisburg, PA Terminal.
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of
the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a
leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and
excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, hospital/medical insurance with no
monthly premiums or deductibles, vision, discount prescription,
dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work
environment, and much more!
FREIGHT HANDLER - LOADERS - DOCKWORKERS
* A minimum age of 18 years of age.
* No record of a driver's license suspension or revocation for more
than 30 days, covering the 36-month period prior to the order date
of a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). A suspension for failure to pay
and/or failure to appear will be considered provided that there was
no conviction for driving while suspended during this time
* No record of citation or conviction for any serious traffic
violation during the 60-month period prior to the order date of a
Motor Vehicle Record.
* No past pattern or record of citations or convictions for more
than three motor vehicle violations during the 36-month period
prior to the order date of the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
* No past pattern or record of involvement in more than one
at-fault traffic accident and no more than two motor vehicle
violations during the 36-month period prior to the order date of
* Must pass a NON -Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
* Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. PITT OHIO must
receive a negative result.
* Must have the ability to read and write the English language and
also perform simple mathematical calculations
* Must consent to a ten-year check on work history. Any gap of 30
days or more must be indicated and explained, and you may be asked
to provide documentation. Discrepancies may prevent your
application from being processed and job offer withdrawn.
* You will be an at-will employee throughout your employment with
PITT OHIO. Nothing in these guidelines, your application or in the
employee handbook guarantees employment for any period of time or
is intended to be a contract of employment.
* Must have command of the English language with the ability to
read, write, and communicate effectively with internal and external
customers, perform simple mathematical calculations, handle
receipts, read shipping labels and follow loading instructions.
* Will be responsible to load and unload freight according to DOT
requirements on and off of trucks by hand or by use of hand truck
* Sort and secure items in position on trucks according to DOT
requirements or on dock to prevent damage.
* Lifting various types of materials will be required: cartons,
bags, cylinders, boxes, crates, drums, pipe, bars, rugs, etc.
* Common material handling tools will be used: carts, dollies,
pallet jacks, and tow motors.
* Standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, carrying, bending,
reaching, and lifting both above and below waist level will be
* Heavy lifting will be required.
* Work in a safe and professional manner so as to reduce personal
risks and risk to fellow employees.
* Comply with federal, state, and company regulations.
* Process all paperwork daily associated with the execution of the
* Be available and willing to work; exceptions require management
* Work in a positive, supportive, and cooperative way at all
* Perform other duties as directed or requested.
PITT OHIO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
data, religion or other legally protected status.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this
position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com .
We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package,
401(k), profit sharing, paid vacations, a pleasant work
environment, and much more.
FREIGHT HANDLER - LOADERS - DOCKWORKERS Apply Now
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status.
Email this job to a friend
Your email address:
Recipient's email address:
Personal message: I came across this job and thought you may be
Keywords: Pitt Ohio, Harrisburg , Dockworker- Outbound, 5pm Start M-F, Professions , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!