GRC Senior Security Consultant
Posted on: July 14, 2019
What you'll be doing...
Verizon is looking to expand the Governance, Risk and Compliance
Security Consulting Practice. You will provide our clients with
guidance pertaining to security and privacy regulatory and industry
standard requirements, security risk assessments, and GRC
- Support vendor risk management engagements and formalized risk
- Support and guide information risk and security discussions
with technical and non-technical groups.
- Identify enterprise information security and compliance related
problems and challenges; research and develop technical solutions
to rectify them.
- Assist with documenting enterprise information security
programs and related components.
- Analyze client security programs for maturity and performance
relating to industry accepted best practices.
- Develop recommendations for remediating risk and compliance
- Evaluate information security risk for business environment
controls and industry requirements.
- Provide client guidance for information security best
- Follow standard methodologies for evaluating industry security
controls based on formulized security frameworks.
- Execute in dynamic, fast paced environments with tight
- Draft deliverable documentation to meet client security
- Create security roadmaps for client security program
development and improvement.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field,
or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in security governance, risk assessments and
- Experience in the information technology field.
- Experience with the security and privacy controls environment,
regulatory landscape and risk management techniques, principles and
- Experience with the development and implementation of
information security policies, standards and related procedures for
- CISM or CISA certification.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Eight or more years of experience in security governance, risk
assessments and regulatory/controls experience.
- Ten or more years of experience in the information technology
- Ability to assess clients against a wide variety of security
and compliance frameworks including State based privacy and
security regulations, SOX, GDPR, NIST-CSF, ISO/27001/2.
- Ability to provide risk-based recommendations based upon the
size and complexity of the client's organization.
- Consulting and Privacy experience.
- Understanding of available security tools and
- Investigative and analysis skills with the ability to handle
- Presentation skills with the ability to convey ideas and
interface with C-levels and tactical implementers.
- Ability to undertake and complete tasks independently, meet
schedules and delivery timelines, and to move swiftly from concepts
and theory to action.
- Verbal skills that include the ability to clearly articulate
thoughts, be persuasive and to deliver presentation and training to
all levels of management.
- Written communication skills for use in preparing formal
documentation including deliverables, Statements of Work,
proposals, white papers, and case studies.
- Interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Harrisburg , GRC Senior Security Consultant, Professions , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!