Non CDL Driver Apprentice
Company: Pitt Ohio
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Requisition Number: 06838-POE
Job Title: Non CDL Driver Apprentice
Pay Scale: $15.00
NON CDL DRIVER APPRENTICE
PITT OHIO, a $826 million, high service, highly profitable,
transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND,
LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Non CDL Driver Apprentice
at our Harrisburg, PA Terminal.
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of
the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a
leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and
excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, hospital/medical insurance with no
monthly premiums, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K,
profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much
* Must be willing to advance to a driver position at the completion
of the apprentice program.
* No record of a driving license suspension or revocation for more
than 30 days, covering the 36-month period prior to the order date
of a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
* No record of citation or conviction for any serious traffic
violation during the 60-month period prior to the order date of a
Motor Vehicle Record.
* No past pattern or record of citations or convictions for more
than three motor vehicle violations during the 36-month period
prior to the order date of the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
* No past pattern or record of involvement in more than one
at-fault traffic accidents and no more than two motor vehicle
violation during the 36-month period prior to the order date of the
* A minimum of 18 years of age required. Recent high school
* Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
* Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. PITT OHIO must
receive a negative result.
* PITT OHIO must receive a negative controlled substance and
alcohol result from prior employer(s) for the past three-year
period. No prior evidence of controlled substance use.
* Must have the ability to read and write the English language to
communicate effectively with internal and external customers,
perform simple mathematical calculations, handle receipts, read
shipping labels and follow loading instructions.
* Must consent to a check on work history.
* Will be responsible to load and unload freight according to DOT
requirements on and off of trucks by hand or by use of hand truck,
pallet jacks or fork truck.
* Sort and secure items in position on trucks according to DOT
requirements or on the dock to prevent damage.
* Heavy lifting of various types of materials will be required:
cartons, bags, cylinders, boxes, crates, drums.
* Standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, carrying, bending,
reaching, and lifting both above and below waist level will be
* Operate safely various non-commercial vehicles.
* As required by law and company policy, inspect the vehicle for
defects and safe operating conditions before, during and after
trips, and submit a written report on the condition of the vehicle
at the end of each trip.
* Check shipping papers to determine the nature of the load and to
check for the presence of hazardous materials. Make sure the
freight is secured.
* Check for agreement between information on shipping papers and
markings and labeling on freight.
* Apply knowledge of safe driving skills in maneuvering vehicle in
difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, and
tight loading dock areas.
* Ensure that all required shipping documents (manifest, bills of
lading, shipping order or freight bills, etc.) are available for
inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment with
* Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal
regulations, including driver s logs, records of fuel purchases,
mileage records, and other records required by law.
* Pick up and deliver freight, obtain signed receipts, and sign for
* Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and
procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local
regulations for the safe operation of a non-commercial motor
* Report all accidents immediately involving driver and/or company
* Report highway safety hazards to dispatch.
* Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather, traffic
conditions, or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities
relating to the pickup or delivery of cargo.
* Work in a safe and professional manner so as to reduce personal
risks and risk to fellow employees.
* Work in a positive, supportive, and cooperative manner at all
* Perform other duties as directed by supervision.
PITT OHIO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
data, religion or other legally protected status. Apply Now
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status.
Email this job to a friend
Your email address:
Recipient's email address:
Personal message: I came across this job and thought you may be
Keywords: Pitt Ohio, Harrisburg , Non CDL Driver Apprentice, Professions , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!