Senior Security Consultant Digital Forensics
Posted on: August 15, 2019
What you'll be doing...
As a Senior Security Consultant within Verizon's Investigative
Response Team, you will be expected to serve on a tactical arm of
the team, conducting computer forensic analysis, data recovery,
eDiscovery, and other IT investigative work. Due to the inherent
volatility of investigative response work, the candidate will be
expected to discharge the various responsibilities assigned to
their role while successfully managing a variable caseload.
The selected candidate will be responsible for integrity in
analysis, quality in client deliverables, as well as gathering
caseload intelligence. The position will operate within a close
team of computer forensics, fraud examiners, and other IT
investigative experts, as well as customer management, counsel,
human resources, and other IT technical personnel.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Must be able to assist customers in responding rapidly and
effectively to computer-related incidents and should consistently
exceed expectations while working in a customer-facing
- Have the capability to quickly identify the source of a
security breach and move toward containment is essential.
- Have proficiency in conducting live analysis on networks and
across multiple platforms is desired. Must possess the ability to
articulate well in both written and oral communication.
- Must also be able to manage multiple projects on a daily
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of experience in Digital Forensics and
- Knowledge and experience in the following operating systems:
UNIX, Linux, Windows, and MacOS.
- Experience in information security; network architecture;
general database concepts; document management; hardware and
software troubleshooting; email systems, such as Microsoft Exchange
and Lotus Notes; Microsoft Office applications; and computer
forensic tools such as EnCase and FTK.
- Knowledge in evidentiary procedures, volatile criminal/civil
situations, fraud analysis and IR fundamentals are ideal.
- Experience conducting security assessments, penetration
testing, and ethical hacking.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A Degree.
- Requires competency in the tools, techniques, and methodologies
surrounding incident response, computer forensics, and
- Experience in electronic crimes law enforcement, military
intelligence, or with a security professional services
- PCI QSA/QIRA or GCFA certification, or they should be able
achieve one within the first 6 months of employment.
- Capability of leading an engagement in two or more of our core
- PCI-related IR/Forensics investigations
- Financial Services
- Intellectual Property
- Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT)
- Expert Witness/Litigation Support
- IR Training
- Mobile Phone Forensics
- Experience in a security professional services consulting
- Demonstrated experience of managing the day-to-day aspects of
protected customer relationships, as well as IT investigative cases
and corporate security incidents.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, while maintaining
confidentiality, and a professional image and approach with
22CyberVES; 22CyberOPS; #ProfessionalServices
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Harrisburg , Senior Security Consultant Digital Forensics, Professions , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!