GRC Security Consultant & Assessor
Posted on: August 17, 2019
What you'll be doing...
Verizon is looking to expand the Governance, Risk and Compliance
Security Consulting Practice. You will provide our clients with
guidance pertaining to security and privacy regulatory and industry
standard requirements, security risk assessments, and GRC
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Working with Federal (and potentially commercial) clients in
the role of Independent Security Consultant and Assessor.
- Plan and perform security assessments by evaluating network and
- Verify system, application or business security by performing
security assessments, code reviews, configuration and network
- Interview key stakeholders across the client organization to
support security assessment.
- Support and guide information risk and security discussions
with technical and non-technical groups.
- Analyze client security programs for maturity and performance
relating to industry accepted best practices.
- Develop recommendations for remediating risk and compliance
- Evaluate information security risk in for business environment
controls and industry requirements.
- Provide client guidance for information security best
- Follow standard methodologies for evaluating industry security
controls based on formulized security frameworks.
- Execute in high demanding, fast paced environments with tight
- Draft deliverable documentation to meet client security
- Create security roadmaps for client security program
development and improvement.
- Support GRC Practice and firm initiatives.
What we're looking for...
What you'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four plus years of experience in security governance, risk
assessments and regulatory/controls.
- Federal experience preferred.
- Experience and understanding of industry security tool
including Splunk, RSA Archer, etc.
- Experience with the evolving security and privacy controls
environment, regulatory landscape and risk management techniques,
principles and practices.
- Experience assessing clients needsagainst a wide variety of
security and compliance frameworks (NIST (800-53, 800-37, 800-171,
CSF), FISMA, FedRAMP, HIPAA, etc).
- Experience with the development and implementation of
information security policies, standards and related procedures for
- A security clearance (PT, S or TS).
Even the better if you have:
- A degree ininformation technology or related field
- Experience at a professional consulting services firm a
- A solid understanding of IT security technologies, including
network and application security, firewalls, access management, and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the
ability to explain technical matters to a non-technical
- Ability to clearly document assessment results
- Ability to take a proactive approach in building, maintaining
and expanding on client relationships
- Knowledge of cloud security process(es) and technologies
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- General understanding of federal contracting environment
- Preferred certifications:
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Harrisburg , GRC Security Consultant & Assessor, Professions , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!