Operating Room Technician - ORT Job in Leesburg, VA
Company: Gifted Healthcare
Posted on: September 12, 2019
JOB REQUIREMENTSOperating Room Technician (ORT) Travel JobOperating
Room Technicians ORT scrub in on orthopedic, spine, urology, and
pain management cases. ORTs must work well with other health team
members to achieve total patient care. Our preferred Operating Room
Tech ORT candidate is well-organized and good at anticipating the
surgeon's needs.Operating Room Technician ORT Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies
necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all
required items are available.
- ORT performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove
procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and
takes immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify
- Operating Room Technician ORT assists with procedure room
turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- Operating Room Tech documents patient-care records and other
forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic
and therapeutic procedures.
- ORT cleans clinical area before and after procedures and
properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and
staff by complying with facility requirements and safety
- Surgical Technician assists in the transport and positioning of
patients when necessary.
- Operating Room Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores
instruments and supplies, and ensures they are functional and
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing
area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine
whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment
indicators for proper functions.
- ORT assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment,
and opening of room, as necessary.
- ORT leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects
instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral
bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a
nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
FACILITY DETAILSAs part of a larger not-for-profit healthcare
system, this 183-bed is a nationally recognized, acute-care
community hospital that uses state-of-the-art technology, serving
their growing and diverse community since 1912. The Leapfrog Group
has given this hospital a safety score of straight A’s since 2012
and iVantage named it a “Top 100 Hospital” with their Healthstrong
Located in Northern Virginia near Washington D.C., the area of
Leesburg is rich in historical attractions, traditions,
recreational opportunities, and lots of things to do that will
engage outdoor enthusiasts, foodies, and history bluffs alike.
Visit the Air and Space Museum or stroll through historic sites
including Morven Park and Oatlands Plantation. Ignite your culinary
sense by touring wineries, breweries, and distilleries, or explore
the great outdoors with white water rafting or cycling. The
possibilities are endless!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one
person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our
rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that
Do you remember why you became a ORT, at GIFTED? We do!
Keywords: Gifted Healthcare, Harrisburg , Operating Room Technician - ORT Job in Leesburg, VA, Professions , Leesburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!