Company: The SYGMA Network
Posted on: October 12, 2019
This is an Operations position responsible for managing the
activities associated with the general maintenance, repair, and
appearance of the facility, outside grounds, security, power
industrial equipment technicians and third party providers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, expense
management, compliance with government regulations, ensuring safety
and security of the building, its contents and people and
management and direction to the facility maintenance staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the daily work and safety of associates engaged in
building, grounds, sanitation, refrigeration systems, beverage
department, power industrial equipment and security.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as
- Coordinates emergency response or crisis management activities,
develops and maintains liaisons with local emergency management and
other entities in order to facilitate plan development, response
effort coordination and assists Safety Manager with training
- Manages the proper selection, purchase, utilization and
inventory of Company assets in support of the facilities, beverage
department, and power industrial equipment and security
departments. Coordinates with other departments as necessary to
ensure upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and
- Develops business relationships to ensure communication and
efficient operations with third party vendors, including but not
limited to, janitorial, pest services, security, external
contractors, facility maintenance and beverage. Maintains current
certificate of insurance and hold harmless agreements for all
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists
with the implementation of changes within facility maintenance,
beverage, power industrial equipment and security.
- Establishes preventative maintenance schedules for all systems,
equipment, and buildings including: ammonia refrigeration system,
HVAC Systems, fire protection and security Systems, electrical and
energy management, dock doors/dock plate systems, power industrial
equipment, building components (roof, interior & exterior
floors/walls, doors, paved surfaces and landscaping).
- Manages, assigns and monitors all department projects for
quality and timely completion. Utilizes maintenance tracking
software for task management.
- Conducts audits ensuring all required inspections and
documentation are completed accurately (including but not limited
to food safety documentation, EPSM, PSM, GFSI, etc.) and retained
to ensure minimum potential for loss.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department or
pre-shift meetings ; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open
communication channels with associates by answering questions and
explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and
submit ideas and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies
- Coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training,
conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work
methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root
causes , and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for
disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development,
discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related
duties as needed.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies
(i.e. OSHA, etc.)
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three to
five years maintenance management experience; or equivalent
combination of education and related experience.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License and provide proof
of liability coverage meeting Company standards. Complete a Sysco
approved defensive driving program.
- Level 2 Ammonia Operation Certification required.
- HAZWOPER 24 hrs Training required.
- Certificate, licenses and registrations in refrigeration
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco
within 3 months.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word
Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software
- Working knowledge of ammonia and Freon systems.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations/legislation and
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team
discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely
and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other
departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of
following established procedures, practices and comply with local,
state and federal regulations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently
required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is
occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an associate encounters while performing
the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work
in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business
hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other
Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs
dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate
is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined
spaces. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this
job. This job description in no way states or implies that the
duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be
performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be
required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other
job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties
and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will
be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High school diploma plus a 4 year degree and 3 years experience in
facility/warehouse equipment/refrigeration maintenance; or a high
school diploma plus 5 years related experience. Must have a
complete understanding of license and permit requirements.
Work is primarily sedentary in nature. Frequent standing and
bending is required when checking equipment. You must have the
ability to communicate clearly, primarily via telephone, with
vendors, manufacturers, customers, and Company personnel.
You must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with
or without correction. In addition you must be able to perform
manual task, hear, sit, reach, lift, and interact with others.
Office is situated in the warehouse. Activities occur both inside
(protection from weather conditions but not temperature changes)
Keywords: The SYGMA Network, Harrisburg , Facilities Manager, Professions , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!