Regional Sales Director
Company: B. Braun Medical Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
OverviewAesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a
180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an
ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration
with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for
general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap
continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we
strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of
patients lives.ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary:Responsible for
achieving and exceeding sales quota and forecasts through
effectively directing the sales efforts of Aesculap sales reps as
well as manufacturer reps. - Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Directs all regional members to achieve/exceed the sales quota
- Hires, develops and manages sales personnel within the
- Directs the region to be properly staffed with qualified and
trained sales reps who perform their duties effectively.
- Defines, communicates, and implements the regional sales
- Oversees technical product training for each regional sales rep
and make recommendations for future development.
- Implements corporate sales policy within the region.
- Works with Corporate Accounts Directors to initiate new managed
care opportunities as well as manage existing contracts to maximize
- Attends and participates in necessary sales training (at least
one per year).
- Organizes and coordinates region meetings as well as manage the
participating sales reps at conventions when assigned.
- Develops and implements short and long-term sales plans and
programs within the budget restrictions.
- Conducts quarterly business reviews with top 20 accounts in
- Performs all required administrative functions, i.e., monthly
reports, correspondence with sales personnel, customers, expense
- Assists National Sales Director in developing and implementing
sales policies and programs, i.e. sales quotas, contracts,
forecasts, expense budgets, etc.
- Monitors performance of sales reps and make recommendations for
promotions, reprimands, warnings and terminations.
- Interfaces with marketing in projects that affect sales
- Advises National Sales Director on performance standards of
each sales representative within their specific region.
- Effectively manages personal and sales representatives
expenses, i.e. travel, meetings, entertainment, etc.
- Responds to customer needs, requirements and problems in
accordance with company policy.
- Conducts data analysis market research as needed.
- Completes specifically assigned projects.
- Observes surgical procedures as required to remain informed of
- Effectively manages personal and sales reps sample inventory
and ensure Setworld product is returned in a timely manner.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated
in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Companys Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assignedSecondary or peripheral job
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by air
and car, and work occasional weekends. Must possess a valid
government issued drivers license and passport.
- Requires excellent written and interpersonal communication
- Computer skills in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite of products,
Word, Excel, and Power Point desirable.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may
have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In
compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working
environment for all employees.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Manages various Sales levels including but not limited to
Territory Managers, Sr. Sales Representatives, Sales
Representatives, and Sales Associates. Mid-level managerial
position that includes decision-making responsibilities at the
regional sales level.Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Language and mathematical skills; reasoning ability:
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common
scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal
documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints
from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
community. Ability to effectively present information to top
management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. - -
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide
in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw
and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect date,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret
an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or
diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
variables.Target Based Range112100-145800QualificationsExpertise:
- Undergraduate degree, graduate degree preferred.
- 7 plus years experience in a sales position, previous sales
- Specific skills: product and clinical knowledge, great
organizational, interpersonal, sales, leadership, customer
relations, communicative and managerial skills.Desired:
- N/AWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently
is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds..Additional InformationResponsibilities: Other Duties: The
preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of
work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this
description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify,
change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due
to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. - The employee
frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and
reach with hands and arms. - The employee is occasionally required
to stand and walk. - The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds. - The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. This position could require the handling of
instruments that may or may not have been contaminated by blood or
other body fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and
Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a
safe working environment for all employees. The noise level in the
work environment is usually moderate.The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.What We
Offer B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
www.bbraunusa.com. - Through its Sharing Expertise initiative, B.
Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of
healthcare products and services.NoticesEqual Opportunity Employer
Keywords: B. Braun Medical Inc., Harrisburg , Regional Sales Director, Sales , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!