Ultrasound Technologist, Geisinger Medical Center (Full Time) (Nights)
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Title: Ultrasound Technologist, Geisinger Medical Center
(Full Time) (Nights)
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: GMC Ultrasound Radiology Team
Date Posted: 05/19/2023
Job ID: R-47770
Job Summary$7,500 Sign on bonus for qualified applicants!
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and Long-term
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn
Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
Responsible for independent operation of sonographic equipment, and
for performing diagnostic examinations using sonography.
Responsible for the delivery of high quality, cost effective
imaging services. Performs imaging procedures in area of expertise.
Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the
specific age range for their assigned area. Responsible for all
- Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic ultrasound
examinations. Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record
and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological,
diagnostic information and images.
- Uses independent judgement during the ultrasound exam to
accurately differentiate between normal and abnormal findings.
- Analyzes sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and
medical history, and communicates impression to the
- Seeks out new information and technologies to improve job
- Communicates openly, honestly, directly and clearly.
- Provides appropriate information, gives feedback, and
constructively assists in resolving conflicts.
- Makes decisions considering the impact on others; takes
personal responsibility and demonstrates risk-taking behavior.
- Allocates decision-making at the appropriate level; involves
others; build team trust and commitment.
- Communicates and supports decisions; evaluates past decisions
to improve on further decisions.
- Participates in, accepts and supports team activities and
- Participates in learning activities.
- Fosters an environment of continuous learning; takes risks;
helps others; contributes to the professional growth of the
- Ensures regulatory compliance is understood.
- Possesses the knowledge and experience to achieve success by
continually working in compliance.
- Assures technical compliance with Joint Commission, Department
of Health, National Research Council, and Department Envoronmental
- Commits to placing the patient and customer first.
- Ensures the patient experience is a priority.
- Uses resources effectively to meet departmental goals.
- Recommends changes to improve efficiency, effectiveness and
- Makes decisions considering the impact on others and the
department Identifies problem-related equipment performance and
calibration which results in substandard images.
- Notifies Technical Specialist and Team Leader.
- Imaging exams and procedure tray set up require access and
handling of non-controlled medications.Work is typically performed
in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job
specific obligations and complying with all organization policies
and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
Position Details$7,500 Sign on bonus for qualified applicants!
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Registered Diagnostic
Medical Sonographer - American Registry of Diagnostic Medical
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Harrisburg , Ultrasound Technologist, Geisinger Medical Center (Full Time) (Nights), Other , Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!